Chaplaincy in our College
The Chaplain is a human and faith presence in the school. Lighting the way for students.
It is from a faith perspective that the Chaplain offers support to students, staff and parents.
Ministry to students:
- Faith and human presence
- Non-judgemental listener
- Support in Bereavement/ Loss/ Personal Crisis
- Meditation/ Prayer Services
- Preparation of school liturgical celebration
- Encouraging & supporting school involvement in local/ wider community events
- Arranging retreats
- Meeting students individually
- Informal contact around the school
- Class contact
- Promotes a spirit of social justice
- Supports the implementation of various school programmes e.g. Mentor Programme, S.P.H.E., L.C.A.
- Responding to the day to day pastoral needs of the students
Our College Chaplain Ms Deirdre Collins