Student Council 2020-2021
Student Council Members 2020-2021
We thank the following students in our college who have been voted by their peers to represent student voice.
1st Year: Eddie Morrissey and Katie Cuffe.
2nd Year: Jack Chambers and Cillian Twohig.
3nd Year: Darragh MacDonald and James O Donovan.
4th Year : Daniel O'Donovan & Eamonn Hodnett.
5th Year: Cian Scally & Tomás O'Hea.
6th Year: Conall Cullinane & Ernie McCarthy.
JC2 representative: David Keohane.
LCA 1 and 2 representative : Christopher O Sullivan.
6th Year: (President), (Vice President) to be appointed
Thérése McCarthy President 19-20 John Allyn Byrnes Vice President 19-20
A S C meeting was held on the 4th December 2019:
- Ms. Dunne and Mr. Cunningham were in attendance.
- Matters arising included a query regarding the school’s green flag, were we still involved.
- A question was also raised regarding the possibility of the heating being left on for longer periods in very cold weather.
- Mr. Cunningham addressed the council regarding the Code of Behavior in the ICT labs.
- He explained the current state of the labs. He asked how do we want our labs to be treated?
- He asked the SC to help to address this serious issue. He distributed a handout to each member with possible suggestions for improvements.
- A sub committee of a cross section of members are to meet with Mr. Cunningham to discuss this matter.
- To meet 5 Dec 9.40in room13.
- Re scheduled to Monday 9 December at 9 00 in room 7.
A student council meeting was held on the 13th November 2019
- The S. C welcomed Ms. Dunne and Ms. Sheerin to the meeting. Ms Dunne welcomed the new committee. She gave an account of previous contributions by past committees. Ms. Dunne hopes to meet with the council regularly as she would value their opinions especially when it comes to kitting out the new school building.
- Ms. Dunne gave a briefing on the progress of the new build.
- Ms. Mathers referred to questions raised at the last meeting ie outdoor seating and overhead covering.
- Ms Dunne reassured student that these will be included in the new school.
- Theresa McCarthy accepted the role of President of the SC for the year. John Allyn Byrnes accepted the role of Vice President.
- The position of secretary is not yet filled.
- Eamonn Hodnett and Daniel O Donovan will assist at the third year parent teacher meeting.