Our College Mentors 2021-2022
OUR WONDERFUL MENTORS 2021-2022
What our mentors do in our College . . .
The student mentor system actively engages our senior cycle students in the life of our school community as they help our incoming first years to transition from primary school to the post primary setting. It is an important facet to how we as a school enable student voice and encourage leadership amongst our student cohort.
What do Mentors do?
On Induction Day, Mentors:
- Take students on a tour of school building.
- Show where to get bus
- Explain timetable, subjects, teachers.
- Explain our Code of Behaviour
- Distribute books
- Advise on use of lockers
- Explain use of Vsware
Throughout the school year, Mentors
- Encourage involvement in extra-curricular activities
- Informally “look” out for first year students
- Formal meetings every term to “check” in with students.